Monday, August 8, 2016

Tuesday again on Final Fantasy XIV

Time to level and get the tomes again!

So here is my primary job, my Paladin.... I take the trick of letting Tuesday come before I start doing the daily raids... I run one in the morning, (before 11am EST) and then run another just at about 10:45am EST... the reason behind not waiting until 11am rolls around is, it doesn't matter when you start the duty, it matters when you beat that final boss in the Duty.  As long as you defeat them after 11am EST you get the points for the next day.  Knowing each Duty takes about 20-30minutes, I wait until I know for sure that my character will be able to get the points without hurting another person looking to get the earlier day's points.

 
I mean, how would you feel if you had a group that started at 10:30am and you were just trying to get the Duty in before 11am EST rolled around... only to find out that the Tank you have is trying to get the points AFTER the 11am mark, that's just rude because then they'll purposefully take their time to run out the clock... I'd be a mad personally :(  So I wait until there's absolutely 'no way' we could finish a duty before 11am EST, no matter how fast we run it... so that means I time it for 10:45am because again, there's no way you're getting it done in under 15minutes... trials take longer than that.

And speaking of Trials... we got stuck with Nidhogg during the early morning Trial... too bad my group was terrible... Rin wasn't so bad, he was holding his aggro, the problem was the moron healer I had with me.  He somehow thought there was a way to hold aggro to the middle Add... which is impossible, that Add goes where it pleases and therefore blamed each loss on me personally and Rin for not making him stop roaming the board....

If you've ever done the Nidhogg (normal) Trial you'll know that the Adds have to be killed ASAP and the first one that needs to go down is that roaming one... the two Tanks can hold the other two, but that middle one will roam around smacking whatever it targets no matter who holds the aggro...

So after trying to argue with the guy we eventually just voted to abandon... after the 11am EST mark mind you so I lost out on the trial for that time period... boooo!  So I decided to take a moment and try the Expert Duty again (as I assumed if I tried the trial again I'd get Nidhogg again which I was hoping to avoid) 
Ended up with the story line Sohr Khai Duty so was pretty happy not to have to do the Hullbreaker Isle (Hard) again.

So breezed through it with this fabulous group as my Paladin ;)

And then moved on to a new Trial... got Leviathan (Hard) and was pretty excited to get this one, feels like a breeze every time...

And then there was the day lol

Ever want to look me up, remember my server is Diablos! ^_^
Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment