Monday, June 19, 2017

Final Fantasy XIV: StormBlood - Early Access with MSQ issues!




I know it's been awhile but it's been busy here on the home front but with the release of Storm Blood I'm happy to say I'm jumping right back into everything!

Now, I was graced with the Early Access which began on June 16th... however, I was also graced with all of it's problems.


Honestly at first I didn't notice them at all, I updated my game, started it and ran straight into the Storm Blood main quests.  I was excited, like everyone, to see all the new places, but little did I know I was about to hit a HUGE snag...

Before I knew it I heard people complaining, especially about Raubhan and Cold Steel... I had no idea what they were talking about and progressed quite easily... I expected it must be some kind of Duty that was just more difficult than most...

I got to Raubhan and did the Instance Duty... beat it and moved on... the crowd around him didn't really give me any hints as I'm used to seeing that on the opening of any patch....

Then along came Pipin.... and I watched the Main Quest Scenerio for "In Crimson it Began" and suddenly... BAM!
"A system error occurred during event movement"

And I was like... whoa, what the heck is that?! Did it just kick me!?

Indeed it did, after researching it for the next few hours I discovered Square had put in a 'bottleneck' safety to avoid the systems crashing...  The point of it was to only let a SMALL amount of people in at a time to do the instance so the servers wouldn't overload... bad idea, because THOUSANDS of people were trying to get in at the same time!!

At first I just spammed the crap out of it, literally, I sat there for 3 hours trying to get in but nothing worked, and although I saw hope at the end of the tunnel as people were disappearing... more people would reappear and the crowd would grow... so I decided to take another approach to it... wait until the middle of the night when people were asleep... so I tried that, at 3am that night I was on trying to spam it again... nothing!

So I threw my hands up for the day, I didn't want to be one of the people whining because was that going to help? Nope!  I explored the Fates and the Twist of Fate and enjoyed myself there for a time and decided if I let it go, maybe more people would filter in and out of it... and of coarse to try again the next day in the early breaks of the morning...

This time I tried 7am EST (yesterday) I spammed it for an hour straight... finally someone who had made it through offered a ride across to the other side of Fringes, I was so excited, like yes! I won't be stuck! But at the same time, I was still trying.. and then wouldn't you know it, I GOT IN!!

I can't tell you how much I was cheering when I finally cleared that instant... I have been cramming the game ever since so not to get caught up in another bottle neck... so far I'm 65 and in Yanxia and have completed only 2 Duties... I expect there's more but I haven't made it that far yet...  I tried to do the Samurai and the Red Mage quests... and I was able to get them, but again was stuck at the Instances were I was either booted or disconnected from the server... talk about frustrating...

But all and all, I've been able to fly in the Ruby Sea, Yanxia and the views are gorgeous... the sea I expected a bit more with, but at least you don't have to fight in it, it's more like freely swimming without a care lol

Some of the Quests are interesting... they remind me more of like Assassin's Creed where you have to shoot blow darts or spot something... or they throw a painting at you or some other random clues and expect you to just figure out what they're talking about... one of those I'll give you guys the answer to in my next one because someone was begging for it and I found it and he said nothing was online so I'll make sure something is so everyone wasn't as lost as I was, the "Ring My Bell" quest to find the Namazu Bell that's buried... tough but eventually the answer was pretty clear lol

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment